GENERAL SANTOS CITY (May 11, 2023) –The City Mayor’s Office - Information and Communications Technology Division once again opens its doors for industry immersion with the IT students from the city’s academic institution. The on-the-job (OJT) training is part of the requirement for graduation by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED). Since 2013, the CMO-ICTD started its OJT program for collaboration providing hands-on training in systems development, web-mobile app development, database and network management, and administrative tasks related to the ICT practice. However, sometime in 2016, the program was discontinued. It was only revived in July 2022 with six BS in Information Technology students from Goldenstate College who actively participated in the program. Starting January 2023, the CMO-ICTD once again accepted students coming from different schools, to with:
- The GenSantos Foundation College, inc. (GFI) sent five (5) students in BS in Business Administration Major in Human Resource Development and Management and one (1) in BS in Management and Accountancy.
- One (1) BS in Computer Science and twelve (12) BS in Information Technology students participated from the Holy Trinity College of General Santos City (HTC-GSC).
- The Mindanao State University (MSU) allowed six (6) BS in Information Technology Major in Network Management participants
- The Notre Dame of Dadiangas University (NDDU) authorized seven (7) BS in Information Technology and five (5) BS in Entertainment and Multimedia Computing students.
- Two (2) BS in Computer Science and seven (7) BS in Information Technology students from STI General Santos.
- General Santos City National High School (City High) endorsed four (4 Technical-Vocational Institutions - ICT students.